Report on Interest

Trump condemns ban on e-cigarette products ban

By News Desk

U.S. President Donald Trump has expressed concern over a possible ban of some vaping products, saying outlawing the popular products would lead to people obtaining them illegally.

Trump condemned the ban on Friday during a session with what the White House had described as a range of groups, including industry and public health representatives.

A representative from e-cigarette maker, NJOY, said during the meeting that a ban on e-cigarettes and vaping products would lead to the loss of 100,000 jobs.

The Trump administration has said it would take action amid public alarm over a mysterious U.S. vaping-related respiratory illness has sickened more than 2,000 people and killed 47.

Trump said on Friday his administration would come up with an age for e-cigarette purchases, after previously saying his administration would raise the age to buy such products to 21.

The Trump administration said in September it would unveil a sweeping ban on most e-cigarette and vaping flavors seen as attracting young users to addictive nicotine products, but U.S. media has reported he had backed off the plan.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.