Project Enable Africa’s committee of Jury for the DIAL Awards has announced the nominees for the maiden edition of the foremost disability inclusion awards set to hold on Tuesday, 10th of December, 2019 at 999c, Danmole Street, off Idejo, Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island, Lagos
The maiden edition of the awards is brought together by Project Enable Africa, a non-governmental organization providing transformational IT skills to persons with disabilities in collaboration with Hacey Health Initiative. The awards aim to inspire individuals and organisations to accelerate disability inclusion in their processes, policies, and programs
The committee of Jury of the DIAL Awards has announced nominees in 18 categories across private, Civil Society Organizations and public sector which include, private sector, Tony Elumelu, Gbenga Totoyi, and TY Danjuma; public sector category, Senator Umaru, Senator Bukola Saraki, His Excellency, Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong, His Excellency, Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano; financial sector, GTBank, Access Bank and First Bank; bilateral organizations in Civil Society Sector, USAID, DFID, EDFund Nigeria, DFAT amongst many other.
See the full list of nominees below
1. Disability Inclusion Champion, Service Providers Category:
Niger wives Centre for the blind.
Mobility aid and research development centre.
Vocational training Centre for the blind.
Down Syndrome Foundation.
2. Disability Champion in Sports
3. Disability Champion in the Private Sector
4. Disability Inclusion Champion in Public Sector
Senator Bukola Saraki
His Excellency, Governor of Pleteau State, Simon Lalong
His Excellency, Governor of Anambra, Willie Obiano
5. Disability Inclusion Champion in Civil Society Sector
6. Disability Inclusion Champion in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
5 X 5 Walk Project By PWC, Nigeria.
NSIA Insurance Walkathon For Charity.
GTBank Autism Project.
MTN Foundation Scholarship.
7. Disability Inclusion Champion in Health Sector
National Hospital, Abuja.
Pro Optic Eye Clinic, VI.
Tristal Heart & Vascular Center.
8. Disability Inclusion Champion in Transportation Sector
C & I Leasing.
9. Disability Inclusion Champion in Financial Sector
10. Disability Inclusion Champion in Education Sector
Fitrah Children School.
University of Lagos
University of Jos.
11. Disability Inclusion Champion in Digital/ICT Sector
Bramiac Stem & Robotics.
12. Disability Inclusion Champion in the Media Sector
13. Most Disability-Inclusive State in Nigeria
14. Disability Inclusion Champion in Bilateral Organisation in CSO Sector
United States Agency for International Development – USAID
Department for International Development – DFID
European Development Fund – EDFunds, Nigeria.
Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade – DFAT
15. Disability Inclusion Champion in International NGO in Civil Society Organisation Sector
Christian Blind Mission.
16. Disability Inclusion Champion in LNGO in CSO
Centre for Citizens with Disabilities.
17. Disability Inclusion Champion in Religious Sector
Pastor TB Joshua, Synagogue.
Rev. Sam Adeyemi, Daystar Christian Center.
18. Disability Champion of the Year
Rasak Adekoya .