Report on Interest
under logo

Insurgents flee hideouts, abandon gun trucks after military air bombardment

By Idowu Abdullahi,

The Defence Headquarters has disclosed that insurgents including Boko Haram and Islamic State of West African Province ( ISWAP) fighters have fled their hideouts and abandoned their gun trucks as troops of the Nigerian Military continues Air bombardment of identified terrorists’ hideouts in Borno State.

It explained that a cache of arms was recovered by troops while several insurgents were also killed in the operation conducted by troops of 212 Bn, Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole at Gajigana in the Nganzai Local Government Area of Borno State.

The Coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche, said the unit had earlier received credible intelligence report on Boko Haram terrorists convergence and advancement to attack troops’ location at Gajigana from Goni Usmanti Village in Nganzai Local Government Area.

Enenche, through a statement released to newsmen on Tuesday, said further exploitation by 7 Div Gar discovered a gun truck which had been destroyed and two abandoned gun trucks at Mitturu Village.

According to him, other items recovered include; two AK-47 rifles, three magazines, 36 rounds of 7.62-millimetre special ammunition, two 36 hand grenades, and one LG3 bomb.

He, however, reiterated the Armed forces resolve the rid the northeast off insurgents and restore normalcy back to all parts of the region, adding that all worked out strategies will be deployed to neutralise remnants of the insurgents in the northeast.

“The Military High Command congratulates the troops on their gallantry and professionalism.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria will remain resolute and continue to sustain the offensive against the enemies of our great Nation. We shall not relent until peace and normalcy are restored not only in the North East but also in every other troubled region of our beloved country,” the statement read.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.